Thursday, December 21, 2006

Functionality Summary

I'm using this post to keep a complete list of all the problems and solutions.

Sound
01/07/2007 - I get headphone sound if I mute the speakers. Go figure. I'm not saying it's fixed, but it's less broke.
12/21/2006 - Audio jacks are ignored. Back to work on this one.
12/18/2006 - Finally got some sound out of my speakers, but only with oss.


APIC
12/18/2006 - After more testing it became clear that while my solution works, it isn't optimal. The research continues.
12/17/2006 - I tried a bunch of stuff that didn't work, so I went ahead and modified the kernel source. It appeared to work.
12/02/2006 - I started doing research and found a patch for the 2.2 kernel to allow manual setting of interrupt types. I decided to keep doing research to see if there was a better way.
11/21/2006 - I originally switched APIC off so X would start.


USB
I originally listed USB as not working (it would crash and take the network subsystem with it), but all problems were created by my APIC problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home